Part of the new features that I want to add to my blog is the "Blogger of the Month" series! How this works? Every month I will feature a blogger that inspires me and whose style is just absolutely amazing!!!
So, the first awesome blogger in my series is Veronika from Tick Tock Vintage--one of my personal FAVORITES! She is just great!
1. What inspired you to begin blogging? i really didn't know about any fashion blogs until right before i started my blog (in august 2010). somehow, i stumbled upon selective potential and liebemarlene vintage and became addicted to them. i was at a point in my life where i really hated my corporate job and wanted something to do online while i was staring at my computer all day. i also wanted a place where i could share my vintage clothing and estate sale finds.
2. Describe your style. hmm, i really think i'm all over the place. i'm generally drawn towards feminine pieces; i love ruffles, chiffon, and nipped waistlines. i like to pair them with quirky accessories, like fur collars, thick leather belts, and vintage hats. i love pastels (ivory, peach, seafoam green) but i've been trying to force myself to adopt brighter colors in my wardrobe.
3. What is one piece that you can definitely not live without. my high-waisted gray wool skirt. i adore it!
4. What do you do when you are not blogging? all sorts of things! teaching, taking care of my 5 animals, craft projects, thrifting, visiting estate sales, and baking.
5. How has blogging changed your lifestyle, etc. hmm, i wouldn't say that it's change my lifestyle except that my husband takes my picture every day. i still dress (relatively) the same, and go thrifting just like i did before. i probably spend more time on the internet now, too.
6. For the new bloggers, can you give us some advice in successful blogging? take clear pictures, create original content, and be nice! i take time to respond to every single comment that someone leaves on my blog, whether that means commenting on their blog to responding to them in an email. stay true to your own style; readers will appreciate it!